to everyone that said to move on from C for the past 11 months..
I agree whole heartedly with that and I can honestly say that I have been trying to..
Each small step is a victory to me..
I loved the boy from the time I was 13.. I thought we were going to spend the rest of our lives together and that is not something I could just drop and forget..
I held out hope that maybe it was all just a bad dream.. maybe a little bit too long..
But maybe it wasn't too long for me...
Grieving over a marriage is like grieving over anything else.. it take time... some people take more than others..
I hate feeling like I'm being judged that it took this long for me to say that's it, I'm done and cutting him out completely..
I don't tell anyone else how to grieve over anything..
I'm grieving my marriage... my dreams.. my hopes.. and most of all what I thought love was...
Monday, July 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm sorry you're hurting, I hate it for you. I remember a similar pain, although not from a marriage but from a boy who I dated in high school and through college. We were together for 4 years. I was 21 when we broke up and it was awful.
ReplyDeleteTake as much as time as you need to grieve. You're right, there is no time limit.
But rest assured that one day you're going to wake up and realize you're doing good, not just okay, but that you're really doing good! Things will get better, the hurt will get less and less. And you will be stronger and happier than ever. I can't promise when it will happen but I can promise it will.