At my therapy session last night we were discussing how far I believe I've come in the past year.. and even how far I've become since I started seeing her. After talking about who I'm becoming she asked me the question.... Who do you think you're NOT anymore?
I sat back and thought about it for a minute and the first few things that popped in my mind were:
Needy... I'm not the needy girl I was back then.. I no longer need the security blanket of having someone there.. I don't need anyone to nurture anymore like I thought I did.. I can nurture myself for the time being and when I do find someone one day I will still be nurturing but I won't be the push over that I was with C. C used that side of me against me a lot of the time.
Weak... if I've learned anything from this whole experience is that I am not as weak as I thought I was. I am such a strong person. I have been through so much and have come out as a better, more compassionate person as opposed to a bitter angry person.
A Pushover.. like I said before.. I'm no longer a pushover, I'm no longer the quiet girl who sits there and just lets people bash me without saying something. I know what fights to fight and when not to but I don't take any shit as I use to. I say what I feel and if you don't like it oh well.
So far that is my list.. I'm still working on it though.
Friday, July 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment