Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gotta Love the South

I'm sad..

I'm sad that I live in a place that is so full of small minded people..

I'm sad that race is still an issue around here..

Especially when it comes to dating..


I have always been tolerant of everyone, of their race, their beliefs, and what not. What you do with your life is your own choice, I won't judge you, you don't judge me, all is fair in love and war.

That guy I met Saturday night.. well he use to be married.. to a black woman..and has babies with her...

And honestly.. I saw it and didn't give it a second thought. He had a wife, I had a husband, he had babies with that wife, I did not, but not for a lack of trying, and I think babies are a wonderful gift from God. Like I said.. didn't give it a second thought.. actually thought "aww he has kids and they are adorable!" and also "Wow he's been thru a divorce too so he can probably relate" The color of their skin was never a thought in my mind.

But my friend that was with me that night, that thought he was so hot as well, that urged me to take him home with me.. she saw his facebook last night and her comment was.. "I'm glad you didn't take him home.. he use to be with a black woman"

I blew up on her.. this is one of my best friends mind you.. I told her that regardless if he was with a purple polka dotted woman from mars before I wouldn't care. I don't see skin color that way. And she went into a racist rant to the point I finally just stopped talking to her last night.

It hurts my heart to know that there are still people out there like that. It hurts my heart to know I have friends like that.. and I really wanted to talk to someone about it last night because I was upset.. but I didn't really know who to turn to because honestly.. most my friends will probably have the same view as her... well at least my white friends.. and I don't know how to bring it up to my friends of different races without myself sounding like I'm judging.. so I really feel alone in this and I don't like it.

I have been attracted to people of all different races because honestly.. it's about how they treat other people, about the size of their heart, and honestly.. we all bleed red.. we are all the same on the inside. Hell S is mixed Latino and White..

I just feel that if one day I do meet the man of my dreams and he so happens to be of a different race.. that I will lose a lot of my friends.. but honestly.. if they were real friends they wouldn't care as long as I was happy.. so I will continue to live my life my way. I'm not going to try to change their views, I didn't try to change her views last night. I basically told her that I was not going to sit there and listen to it because that's not what I believe in. Love is Love.. regardless of race, gender, religious views, and sexual orientation, and I will ALWAYS believe that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your friends have those opinions. I truly don't understand it. I live in the south, too, in a city that's over half black and I still come across it with some of the people here. I just don't get it.

    Like you said, people are people and love is love. If your friends can't be happy for you unless you're with a white man, then they're not good friends.

    ReplyDelete