It's nice to be the one getting the last laugh for once. C texted me.. figures since I talked about how we hadn't talked in a while.. always seems to work that way. I could tell there was something he wanted to tell me, by one the fact that out of the blue he texted me and two by his questions..
There once was a time where I would have died to know what was going on, that by the subtle hints he gave me I would want to know what was up. But really yesterday when he texted me I didn't even probe further to find out what it was. I care about him, but I don't really care what he is up to if that makes sense. I of course want him to be ok, but the going ons in his life have really nothing to do with me anymore and frankly I'm not as nosy about it as I use to be. So I just kept the conversation short and sweet. Told him it was nice to talk to him and I hoped he was doing well.. ending it at that.
Again this morning he texted me.. just reassuring what I already knew.. he had something he wanted to tell me.. 2 days straight of texting me.. must be super important.. again I didn't budge.. just the friendly hi, how are you? type conversation. He asked me how I had been and if anything was new in my life.. ahh here is his gateway in order to telling me what's going on. I tell him I've been hanging out with some friends, doing some things at the house and going to the beach and left it at that. He then proceeds to tell me what's new in his life, which I know he hates that I didn't ask, and he hates the fact that I didn't react to it. I told him that was nice. He says yeah, I think so and that's pretty much the end of our conversation.
So nice to be on the other side of the cloth in this.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment