Friday, May 18, 2012

The definition of Sexy

Let's think about this for a while. I had this conversation with someone yesterday about what the definition of sexy is.

Being a single girl, it would be nice to find a man that is attracted to me.. it would be nice to be hit on every once in a while by an attractive man..

But also being a bigger woman that does not happen very often if at all. Since C and I split up I have been "hit" on by maybe 3 men.. that sucks lol and does nothing for the self esteem.

So I was thinking about it.. why am I not sexy or why am I not attractive to men of this day and age.. Obviously my weight is an issue.. but when I think about it. I'm a size 16 currently (down from a size 24, the day C walked out) Marilyn Monroe was a size 14, and she is one of the biggest sex icons in America.. so what's the difference? I'm only one size bigger then her but I get no attention where as she had the attention of the president.

The difference is the men of today's society.. they see all these supermodel skinny women on TV and the internet and expect us women to look like the victoria secret angels (not saying that all men are that way but a lot of them are) well why can't we ask for them to look like the Calvin Kline underwear models? Is that fair? it seems like men are more likely to be able to get away with being over weight or not buff where as they want us women to be perfect.

I'm losing weight. I have a goal, and I plan on getting to it. I will get to it. But even if I didn't have a plan.. would I have to lose weight in order to find love, in order for someone to find me attractive? Even if that person himself was over weight and not in the best shape? Seems unfair to me..

I hate the way society is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment