It's interesting how much I've changed in the past 9 months since C walked out. I have gone from a weeping mess doing anything for him to come back.. many times falling for his games, his acts, his saying he wants to come home just for me to be hurt over and over again by him to this woman who can go days without thinking about him, this woman who is beginning to know exactly who she is, this woman who knows that she does not need a man in her life to be happy.
The past month or so I have smiled more than I have in years, I have laughed harder than I have in years, I have put myself out there to meet new people and tried new things more than I have in years. Though I am still shy I can feel the inner social butterfly finally coming out and I love it. I've always wanted to be the girl that could make friends with anyone, but always worried about how other people felt about that. But I'm getting to the point where my confidence radiates and that even if someone feels uncomfortable at first I know how to make them comfortable. I love this person I am.. I have become.. the person that was always there. I vow to never let another man shield this side of me. I love myself.
Monday, May 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment