Obviously it's no secret that I've always wanted to be a mother. Getting married at a young age I thought I would be a mother at a young age. Then plans fell through.. IF and then a m/c and now a divorce.. sometimes I wonder if I will ever be a mother. I realize I am still very young in today's standards of motherhood, but by my age all the women in my family had atleast one, if not more kids and I kind of feel like the old maid at times.
I'm trying to enjoy my young 20s but the want of children creeps up on me every now and again, especially when I think about what I should have had now, but was taken away from me. And especially when it seems like everyone around me is pregnant or having babies, or talking about babies..
I had me a pity party on the board last night about it, one of the ladies there mentioned maybe doing a single parent IVF. At the age I am, even though that is an option I wouldn't do it right now. I hope to find my prince charming some day, I hope to have babies in a two parent household with love surrounding them from both a mother and father. But I have definitely thought about this option for when I get older. I have an age in my head that if I am still single by then, I will be trying to go through this process. I plan on being a mother some how, some way, with or without a man in my life.
For now though, I try to be the typical 22 year old college student, hang out with friends and meet new people, never know.. one of them may be my prince charming.
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment