Lately..
Things have been a little different for me.
I have been split into two different categories when it comes to friends
I have the one group who has gotten me through the worst of things after my split with C. My Thursday night group, the ones I spent a lot of time with when I felt down and low and needed a pick me up or someone to talk to. They have been my rocks.
But as I have said before most of them are much older than I am. The youngest of the group other than me is still 10 years older than me, and while I could relate with them all because all of them have been divorced in their life.. they are still not really at the same point as me.
Then there is my other group.. my artist group.. the people I have gotten to know over the past two semesters, the easiest group of friends I have ever made...
They are like minded. Most of them closer to my age, they get my quirkiness.. they get my visions.. they have the same goals in life as me. A few of them have been through a divorce but we don't really talk about that stuff because it isn't really relevant to what our relationship is about..
I can feel like I am being pulled in many ways..
I haven't been to a Thursday night outing in over a month... I haven't seen two of the people from the Thursday night group that I use to see almost daily.. in over 2 weeks.. I just feel like right now I relate more to my Artsy friends.. right now I want to spend almost all my free time with them and honestly I have..
Yes I've had projects due that I've been working on but it's more about the atmosphere with the people that are there that I am in to.
I talked to my therapist at length about it tonight.. she doesn't think this is bad.. she thinks this is a transition for me. One that I've been working on for a while.. and now it's happening..
She believes it's ok for me to move on to a new group of friends.. and like I told her it's not that I don't want to hang with the old group.. it's just I need some things that they can't provide me.. No one understands this life and career I've chosen other than the people that have also made this choice.. and right now I need people in my life that do understand.
She wants me to think about who I am now as a person... and who I am not.. who I was...
So I'm thinking.. I am trying to come up with a list of who I am, who I am not, and who I was...
I will probably be making a blog post about it here in the next few days...
I know one thing though... I haven't been happier than I am right now.
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment