We have all been here.. going on 12 hours now.. just working and spending time together..
I don't want it to end.. I don't want to say bye to these people I have grown to love and care about..
We promise that we will hang out after tonight.. but I am honestly scared that it won't happen.. so I am sitting here.. soaking all in.. knowing good and well that I am going to go home and probably cry myself to sleep..
I haven't had any work to do today since about 2.. but I have continued to sit here the past many hours just to be near them...
They graduate next Monday.. and then they will be out in the world.. working on bigger and better things... bittersweet..
I'm sad for me.. for the girl who has finally come out of her shell and made real friends that she can relate to and can be herself around and laugh fully... only to have those people move on in life.. which happens..
I'm so happy for them.. to be moving on.. getting out of this place.. to enter into the world.. to start their careers..
I will be supporting them the whole time...
I will be at the show opening... and I will be in the crowd cheering them on as they walk across that stage and get their diplomas.. they've earned this.. they have made it.. and I can only hope that next year when it is my turn some of them will be sitting in the crowd cheering me on as well... one person especially..
I hope we continue our friendships.. some will, others will just become FB friends.. But I will always remember the many nights we spent in Whichard RM 219 laughing our asses off, and falling in love with life and becoming a family...

No comments:
Post a Comment